West Monkton & Cheddon Fitzpaine Parish Councils
West Monkton & Cheddon Fitzpaine Neighbourhood Development Plan
Consultation Period 12 April to 27 May 2017
We are pleased to announce start of Regulation 14 consultation on the joint West Monkton & Cheddon Fitzpaine Neighbourhood Development Plan (WM&CFP NDP).
The WM&CFP NDP covers the parishes of West Monkton and Cheddon Fitzpaine.
We will see significant growth in the coming years. Through policies in the NDP we aim to ensure that development:
• is successfully accommodated;
• is sustainable, with excellent community facilities and high quality design;
• respects the historic environment and surrounding countryside is protected and enhanced.
Once made the WM&CFP NDP will be used by TDBC when assessing planning applications in the NDP area.
We would therefore like your views on the draft WM&CFP NDP and its associated documents which can be viewed on:
• West Monkton Parish Council website: www.westmonkton.net
• Cheddon Fitzpaine Parish Council website: www.cheddonfitzpaine-pc.org.uk
Alternatively, paper version are also available to read at:
• TDBC Offices: Belvedere Road, Taunton, TA1 1HE;
• Town library: Paul St, Taunton TA1 3XZ;
• West Monkton BACH Hall: Brittons Ash, Bathpool, TA2 8FT;
• Cheddon Fitzpaine Memorial Hall: Rowford, Cheddon Fitzpaine, TA2 8JY.
The Parish Clerks for West Monkton and Cheddon Fitzpaine also have a paper copy.
Please give your comments, observations or feedback in writing to Patricia Cavill (Clerk to West Monkton Parish Council) or Jo Pearson (Clerk to Cheddon Fitzpaine Parish Council) by 27th May 2017.
• E-mail: [email protected] or [email protected];
• Post: 2 Hill Farm Cottages, West Monkton, TA2 8LW or
32 Portland Street, Taunton, TA1 1UZ.
12 April 2016
Please double click on the link to view the Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents. Please send your comments to [email protected]
Thank you for your patience waiting for this consultation
Jo Pearson, Parish Clerk for Cheddon Fitzpaine
Tricia Cavill, Parish Clerk for West Monkton
Both Parish Councils have worked together with volunteers over 18 months to produce a Joint Neighbourhood Plan to produce 15 Policies.
A six-week consultation period commences April 2017. All Parishioners are asked to give their comments or observations on the NP draft document.
Why did we do it?
Having a Neighbourhood Plan allows the community to grow whilst protecting existing community assets.
The NP identifies and makes provision for the realisation of community aspirations for the future.
The NP becomes part of the planning framework influencing the form and content of any new development.