West Monkton & Cheddon Fitzpaine Parish Councils
West Monkton & Cheddon Fitzpaine Neighbourhood Development Plan
Consultation Period 12 April to 27 May 2017
We are pleased to announce start of Regulation 14 consultation on the joint West Monkton & Cheddon Fitzpaine Neighbourhood Development Plan (WM&CFP NDP).
The WM&CFP NDP covers the parishes of West Monkton and Cheddon Fitzpaine.
We will see significant growth in the coming years. Through policies in the NDP we aim to ensure that development:
• is successfully accommodated;
• is sustainable, with excellent community facilities and high quality design;
• respects the historic environment and surrounding countryside is protected and enhanced.
Once made the WM&CFP NDP will be used by TDBC when assessing planning applications in the NDP area. We would therefore like your views on the draft WM&CFP NDP and its associated documents which can be viewed on:
• West Monkton Parish Council website: www.westmonkton.net
• Cheddon Fitzpaine Parish Council website: www.cheddonfitzpaine-pc.org.uk
Alternatively, paper version are also available to read at:
• TDBC Offices: Belvedere Road, Taunton, TA1 1HE;
• Town library: Paul St, Taunton TA1 3XZ;
• West Monkton BACH Hall: Brittons Ash, Bathpool, TA2 8FT
• Cheddon Fitzpaine Memorial Hall: Rowford, Cheddon Fitzpaine, TA2 8JY.
The Parish Clerks for West Monkton and Cheddon Fitzpaine also have a paper copy.
Please give your comments, observations or feedback in writing to Patricia Cavill (Clerk to West Monkton Parish Council) or Jo Pearson (Clerk to Cheddon Fitzpaine Parish Council) by 27th May 2017.
• E-mail: [email protected] or [email protected];
• Post: 2 Hill Farm Cottages, West Monkton, TA2 8LW or
32 Portland Street, Taunton, TA1 1UZ.
12 April 2016
Please go to General Parish News and click on the click to access the Neighbourhood Plan. You can make your comments to the Clerk: [email protected]
Thank you to all who responded to the Neighbourhood Plan questionnaire. Within the Neighbourhood Plan area which includes both our parish and the Parish of Cheddon Fitzpaine more than 400 replies were submitted.
To follow more detailed progress on the Neighbourhood Plan please sign up to the mailing list. Click here to email the Clerk.
If you would like to get involved in writing or reviewing the draft of the Neighbourhood Plan please do get in touch as more volunteers are always welcome.
Click here to contact the Clerk of the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group.
Many thanks to those who have already volunteered. If you feel you have skills and experience that may benefit this Working Party do please contact the Clerk.